Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


I found this lovely poem on the "Two Peas Soup" site - author is unknown.

Your Mother lives inside your laughter.
And she's crystallized in every tear drop.
A mother shows every emotion..........
happiness, sadness, fear, jealousy, love,
hate, anger, helplessness, excitement, joy,
sorrow..... and all the while, hoping and
praying you will only know the good feelings in life.
She's the place you came from, your first home,
and she's the map you follow with every step you take.
She's your first love, your first friend,
even your first enemy, but nothing on earth can separate you.
Not time, not space...............not even death!



This photo was taken in the 70's - it's my mom, her mom, and me.

Here is one of my favorite Il Divo songs:

2 comments:

Karen Owen said...

Very touching post, Jackie!

Unknown said...

Oh Jackie I can just see the tears in your eyes as you listen to this song. Its so heartfelt and beautiful! I know how much it means to you....your Mom would be so proud to have such a sweet and caring daughter! I know as time passes it gets a little easier, but remember dear friend, she lives on in your heart forever.
love ya,
Mary Jo