Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Desiderata



This has always been one of my favorite essays on life. And I'm sure everyone has heard and read it hundreds of times. If I am not mistaken, it was read at my graduation from Bethel Park High School, Pittsburgh, PA, in 1965. It would be lovely to include a copy of it in the card or gift of any graduate.

I used a photo of a Panama City Beach sunset that I took back in October as the background but had to fiddle with the photo so that the words would be visible. (Click photo to enlarge.) So the colors here are not "real" - they are gorgeous on the original photo.

I have the Les Crane CD that features "Desiderata" - he speaks it nicely with a chorus group in the background. I was happy to find it on YouTube! Hope you enjoy it!

4 comments:

Kathy McElroy said...

Beautiful. I do love that poem.

Joanne Huffman said...

I like what you did to the photo. Desiderata is always an inspirational read.

Joanne

Karen Owen said...

Thanks for sharing this, Jackie. Wiser words were never spoken.

Moonwillow said...

I have never heard Desiderata before, it is beautiful. Thank you for sharing this. I took time to look at everything here, your little furbaby is adorable. They have such character! loved your paper dolls too. Funny as we grow older we still cherish that which we had in our youth. It sounds like it was a fun project.