Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Twelve Days of Christmas 5x5 Page Swap

One of my Yahoo groups is involved in a swap featuring the 12 Days of Christmas - 12 of us were to choose a number from 1 through 12 and represent that number (and day - from the song) by creating 12  - 5"x5" pages.  We were to wrap each page so that everyone would have a surprise when the specified day arrived. 
I chose Day 11 - Eleven Pipers Piping.  I cannot show the pages that I created until later but here are photos of what mine looked like before I mailed them off to the hostess,  Elizabeth .

I was delighted to find panels of  fabric at fabric.com that featured the Twelve Days of Christmas.  I cut out the panels, one for each day, and then sewed a coordinating fabric to the back.  I then stamped cotton twill with each person's name and sewed to the fabric "bag".  I enclosed my 5x5 page into each one (I coordinated the DAY that each person had with the number on their bag - this will give them a little storage pouch for their pages until they bind them) and then stitched them closed with a long (easy to open, I hope!) stitch.  Clicking on the photo will enlarge it so the names are visible.  On a very sad note, Gina Wise was one of the participants and she suddenly died a few weeks ago - this saddened all of us greatly!  It will be an extra special day when we open the package from dear Gina!

2 comments:

Kathy McElroy said...

What fun. Sorry to hear about Gina.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had no idea you were showing these until I read it on Jan's blog. Thank you for showing them, too. You know how much I love your packaging. I'm trying to figure out a way to remove Patty's name and get mine on there.

I know Gina was excited, and she told me she wanted to open them, but resisted, because she wanted to be surprised. I guess that was one time she should have, since she'll have to see them from heaven, now.